Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Izzy

Unlimited Texting for verizon how much does it cost a month?

i wanted to know because i want to pay for it myself and not have my parents pay for it? how much is it for just a single person to??

Pat0785
    Verizon doesn't have unlimited texting. They tell you its unlimited because you can text anyone with Verizon as much as you want. And then you get an extra like 500 texts for someone out of the network. Go with Sprint you can text anyone with any network for $10 per line.

phonecia1970
    Wow, this is a great question. I just saw a news piece about how people don't realize that premium services aren't covered by the plan and wind up oweing hundreds or even thousand of dollars. Just be careful to stick to texting.

Nov 12, 2007 -- "Premium services not covered in unlimited texting plans" by Clark Howard, a consumer advocate--

The whole text messaging phenomenon is really misunderstood by many adults. Clark recently heard a government regulator in the telephone industry admit he's not familiar with texting. Parents are often similarly oblivious. That's why unlimited text messaging is a real help. If you have text-happy teens, it helps ensure that your kids don't run your bill into the ground every month. But those unlimited plans don't cover all text messaging services -- especially some premium services that are advertised on MTV and elsewhere. There was a recent news report about one developmentally disabled teen that ran up a $10,000 bill in one month using these services. The sad thing is that the child's parents had an unlimited text messaging plan through Sprint. The cell phone carriers get a kickback for doing the billing, so there's no real incentive for them to modify their practices. Parents need to be aware of this danger and teach their children not to give into alluring services that offer dating opportunities, a joke of the day or horoscopes sent directly to their handsets, among other things. But there's a larger problem here. How can you even get the FCC on this issue if the commissioners don't know what text messaging is?!

Burt C
    10 dollars....in any plan

Shane R.
    For Verizon Unlimited texting for just one person
    is actually $10

Unregistered

Mobilephone1 emergency

i am new to texting want to know the real cost of verizon's unlimited messaging costs? or the best plan i should take?

Unregistered

Mobilephone1

ok WOW guys. no it is not a joke, and it IS unlimited. I would know if its not because every single day i send more than 400 texts and most of them are to my friend who doesnt have Verizon. so NO its NOT fake. and 2nd of all, to answer the 1st question, it costs 10$ a month for unlimited texting, and it DOES give you unlimited texting

Unregistered

Star Blue Unlimited texting for verizon wireless!

Okayyy, it costs $10 a month for verizon customers for "unlimited" text messages. They call it unlimited but its actually just 500 message. I am a verizon customer, so I would know! I thought UNLIMITED was UNLIMITED but it's just 500, which is not that much for a whole month. I'm pretty sure it's like $20 for full UNLIMITED. I'm updating to that next month.

Unregistered
    sorry to inform you all but the guy 2 posts ahead of me is absolutly correct
    its $10 a month me my brother my mom my dad my lil sister and my fiance all use it
    i text over 1000 messages a day (business) and have never owed anything at all
    keep in mind if it says unlimited and you can only send 500 and they charge you over
    law suit INC baby,
    a employee of mine got $47,000+ ina law suit over it 4 years ago
    and a few others the same
    so for the past few years the $10 plan has actually been unlimited as stated to avoid
    false advertisement fraud, thank you, have a nice day

Unregistered

Check2

wow im am going to get unlimited for verizon and you guys were real helpful thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast