About 5 years ago my dad married my stepmother. She had two kids. Lately, the older one (16) has been having power struggles with me(19), telling me what to do like he is my boss. Once I said no to him and he actually tried to fight me (He's much smaller than me, and I put him in a headlock before he could hurt me)

Just today he told me that I -had- to stop playing my guitar because he was trying to go to sleep (at like 8:30pm, he usually goes to bed at like 1) I tried to do the mature thing, I went and talked to his mother and asked her to talk to him and to tell him that he is not my boss. Instead of getting help, she yelled at me and told me he was in the right and that he IS allowed to tell me what to do.

The worst part is that he only lives at my house half the time, so its like he comes into the house and is treated like a king half the week because his mother misses him. I am thrown aside like trash when he's here by everyone..

I feel like I'm living in a family of dogs, where he's desperately trying to be the alpha male over me, and the rest of the pack wants him to be, except for me.

Besides moving out (which I'm working on, but don't have the money) what can I do to get him to respect me?
I tried to do that about two years ago, he and I both play guitar. At first he was fine, but now hes got it driven into his head that he's better than me at it and that everything I do (even how I restring my guitar) is complete and utter BS.