Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will winter tires(P205/70R15) fit my Chevy z24 (P205/60R15)?

I have really good studded winter tires that I used one season on my 1989 Thunderbird. I was wondering if they would fit my 1991 Chevy Z24. Seems a waste to buy new ones when these could fit. Vehicle with P205/60R15 tire size fitting tires sized P205/70R15? The winters are not on rims, so will they be able to be mounted on my current rims? A quick answer would be much appreciated as I drive through the mountains in 3 days time, and only today found out it's snowing up there! *shudder*

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes they would fit and with only a difference in 10 in the sidewall you should have no issues other than the possibility of rubbing the inside wheel well of the front. People change the height of the sidewall on their tires all of the time and you shouldn't have any issue with this change. It will affect your speedometer and odometer a little bit but not very noticeable (maybe 2-3mph off)

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah, the difference is int he 60 and the 70, they refer to the size of the sidewall. THe tire will fit, but it will change a few things about the way your car feels and reacts. If you gauge your gass mileage by your odometer that will change, and they could, but doubtfully, rub against the inside wheel well when the tire is turned completely.

I don't know where you are driving to, but most places around me require chains now... you might want to check that out also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would go on discount tires website, and you can search for tires and rims for your car. This will tell you the correct tire and wheel sizes/fits that will work with your vehicle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No. The number you see that is different (70 on one 60 on the other) is the ratio of height to width(aspect ratio). This needs to match the size your vehicle calls for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah they should fit. i belive your car came with 14 inch rims from the factory. i have owned 3 different cars exactly like that. love em i ported and polished the heads of one and did a couple of other things to it and man it was fast. i beat a lot of mustangs with it, everyone thought i had a 305 in it but it was a 2.8liter(173). fun car.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the 70 just means the tire is a higher profile if there is room in your wheel well for that then they will work.
    hope this helps