Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What happened? A UFO experience? Satellite?

About a year ago I was in my hot tub one night, just chillin'. I was just about to get out, I was standing up, and had my back to the hot tub cover, and all of a sudden I see a flash of light like a camera. It was fairly bright. The light flashed maybe 3 times. And I just caught the last flash when I turned around and looked at the sky. There was not a cloud in sight. No airplanes, no wind. Completely quiet. If it was a satellite, I've never heard of them doing that. What the hell was it? (Any questions for me, I will add to details.)

No, it isn't from standing up too quickly. I saw shadows from the trees on my house. Also, it came from the sky.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Two realistic possibilities, and maybe aliens. My first guess would be a meteor. They happen pretty fast, can be bright, and can brighten and dim as they go, causing your three flashes.

I feel the idea of a satellite is not getting the credit it should. There is an array of satellites called Iridium that are known to have very shiny surfaces on them. The reflections off of them are predictable. They basically drag a bright reflection across the ground. They are pretty bright. Not sure what would cause the 3 flashes, though. Maybe the position of your eyes affected it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lightning can sometimes occur in a clear sky? It could have been a meteor exploding high in the atmosphere.

"You can get struck by lightning under a clear blue sky, by a thunderstorm twenty miles away! "
    http://www.stormwarn.com/rants/lightning.html