Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will the GOP "Swift boat" Colin Powell Now that He's Endorsed Obama?

He was their golden boy a few years ago. And would still be if he went for McCain.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guarantee you,

The GOP will treat Powell better than the DNC has treated

Lieberman or Zell Miller.

Heck, wasn't the DNC calling Powell an " Uncle Tom " just a couple of years ago ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    they eat their own...

Junior Member POWELLTHEMAVERICK's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the gop would be fighting a losing battle because Powell is such a respected man in both parties and around the world .

McCain said, "Colin Powell, a man who I admire as much as any man in the world, person in the world..." [NY Times interview with John McCain, 7/13/08]

McCain considered Powell for a running mate. "Retired Gen. Colin Powell is among the potential running mates who have been considered by John McCain, campaign advisers told Politico. Powell was among the possible vice presidential choices the Arizona Republican senator was thinking of when he said he would not rule out a supporter of abortion rights, a key adviser said." [Politico, 8/23/08]

McCain said President Bush was "blessed" to have Powell working for him. McCain said, "I think the president is blessed to have two extremely talented people (Powell and Rumsfeld), experienced people, working for him, and others, but particularly those two." [MSNBC Hardball, 4/23/03]

McCain called Powell one of the most "credible" and "respected men in America. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) praised Powell as one of the "most credible" and "most respected" men in America. [LA Times, 2/6/03]

McCain said he admired and respected Powell, said he was one of most "honest" men he had "ever known." "Sen. McCain: Well, Colin Powell's one of the most honest men that I've ever known and I admire and respect him enormously, and so obviously I'd take his word for it." [CNBC 4/20/04]

McCain was "exuberant" over Powell's selection as Secretary of State. After it was announced that Powell had been nominated by Bush for Secretary of State, McCain said, "I'm exuberant over the prospect of his [Colin Powell] stewardship of American foreign policy. There's a lot of very dangerous places in the world due to the fecklessness of the Clinton administration." [NBC Nightly News, 12/15/00]

McCain lauds Powell's selection as Secretary of State. Senator John McCain "I think his credentials and his charisma will have a significant effect, a beneficial effect, on the conduct of American foreign policy." [NBC Nightly News, 12/16/00]

McCain said if elected in 2000 he would have appointed Powell to his cabinet. On Larry King in 2001, McCain was asked whether he would have named Mr. Rumsfeld and Colin L. Powell to a McCain cabinet. 'Oh, yes." [CNN Larry King, 11/28/01]

As leader of the International Republican Institute, John McCain gave Colin Powell the Freedom Award. "As Senator John McCain waited to speak at the annual awards dinner of the International Republican Institute, a democracy-building group he has led for 15 years," "Mr. McCain could use the chairman's [of the institute] perch to score points with important Republican figures -- he presented Freedom Awards to President Bush, former Secretary of State Colin L. Powell and, in 2003, the incoming Senate majority leader, Bill Frist." [NY Times, 7/28/08]

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, we'll stand by him, kind of like the Dems did with Lieberman.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The racists are already trying to downplay it, saying he is only voting on race and what not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Colin Powell has lost all credibility with the reps! I hope he meant what he said about not ever wanting to get back into politics, after this he wouldn't have a shot!

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, he is still highly respected by the Republicans.
    Unlike the Democrats, we don't believe that an individual should give up their freedom to choose for themselves - he should be able to vote for who he wants without payng any price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    He has gone over to the dark side of the moon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    no there is no need too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast