How do Beach Holidays affect the environment?

litter on land and water, also beaches lose lots of sand with people taking it away on there feet. other than that not sure.

litter on land and water, also beaches lose lots of sand with people taking it away on there feet. other than that not sure.

Well, you've got all sorts of things, like...

> (as mentioned above my answer) Air travel pollution
> tourists/visitors harming the wildlife habitat (i.e. disturbing the animals, causing them stress and intimidation)
> tourists/visitors dropping litter
> tourists/visitors activities (i.e. trampling the vegetation in fields/forests, by straying off the trail)
> With regard to the see, divers and snorkellers sometimes intentionally remove pieces of coral, or even just accidentally kick or bump against it. Boaters frequently run aground or drop anchor on fragile ecosystems such as coral reefs.
> The constuction of hotels/leisure centres/roads/other tourist attractions, to cope with more and more tourists, is also a problem. - i.e. it destroys the natural surroundings

Thats just a few, but hope it helps ;)

P.S. this website may help a bit more; http://www.i-to-i.com/eco-tourism/affect-environment.html

Well, you've got all sorts of things, like...

> (as mentioned above my answer) Air travel pollution
> tourists/visitors harming the wildlife habitat (i.e. disturbing the animals, causing them stress and intimidation)
> tourists/visitors dropping litter
> tourists/visitors activities (i.e. trampling the vegetation in fields/forests, by straying off the trail)
> With regard to the see, divers and snorkellers sometimes intentionally remove pieces of coral, or even just accidentally kick or bump against it. Boaters frequently run aground or drop anchor on fragile ecosystems such as coral reefs.
> The constuction of hotels/leisure centres/roads/other tourist attractions, to cope with more and more tourists, is also a problem. - i.e. it destroys the natural surroundings

Thats just a few, but hope it helps ;)

P.S. this website may help a bit more; http://www.i-to-i.com/eco-tourism/affect-environment.html

maybe the air travel to that resort might do but other than that it affects the beach in nothing major

maybe the air travel to that resort might do but other than that it affects the beach in nothing major

Back