...connection in my house? This is a complicated story. Due to a financial emergency, I'm an adult who had to move in for a while to stay with my sister, her husband and their teen-age son. They have high-speed Internet through Bell South, and they have a wireless laptop connected via a router than I BOUGHT. Their teenage son has a Playstation 3 that he likes to connect to the modem via a cable (He swears the connection is not as good if he goes through the router and is not willing to try it). I have a laptop with wireless card, and it's essential for my job that I'm on the Internet a lot (I'm a freelance copywriter who receives assignments and sends completed assignments numerous times during the day).

Recently the teenage son has discovered more and more PS3 games he likes to play online--and he constantly gripes to his parents about me being on the Internet. HE WILL NOT TRY TO GO THROUGH THE ROUTER, and his parents won't make him try.

Is there SOME WAY, living in the same house, that I can get and pay for my own high-speed Internet connection that is not billed to my sister?
I forgot to mention that they have cable TV, so I'd thought about getting cable Internet, except since it's at the same house, wouldn't it be billed to my sister's cable bill?