When using d internet is get an error saying IP address conflict?

ssj9_nigel

Oct 19, 2008
When using d internet is get an error saying IP address conflict...
What should i do to solve the problem?
Does this error mean dat sum1 is using my internet download limit while m payin 4 it???
Note:- i am not using a wireless router
and dis is d only pc in my house

When using d internet is get an error saying IP address conflict...
What should i do to solve the problem?
Does this error mean dat sum1 is using my internet download limit while m payin 4 it???
Note:- i am not using a wireless router
and dis is d only pc in my house

This occurs when two or more computers on the same LAN network end up with the same IP address.Most of the ISP's offer dynamic IP's and offer static IP's only if needed.Dynamic IP's are a sort of cheap.The ISP's have a pool of dynamic IP's and each user are allotted one, each time they connect to internet...in certain cases there is a possibility that an IP is alloted for two users.....When this occurs, both computers end up not being able to connect to network.There are a few ways in which this problem can be fixed.If it is Static IP request your ISP for a change of IP.If it is a Dynamic IP you can try resetting your modem by switching ON and OFF the modem or open the command prompt and type "ipconfig /release" which dumps the automatic address it had, and then "ipconfig /renew" which gets a new address.To check for the change in IP you can visit Ip-details.com which gives your public Ip when you visit the site.
So this does not mean that you are paying fo someone's internet usage.

Back