McCain and Palin picking up speed???!?

Treasure

Jun 5, 2008
So, how does everyone feel now that John McCain has started fighting back against Obama? He is struggling against his underdog status, and I for one think it is about time! He has been letting Obama grab the spotlight for far too long. Governer Palin is also starting to prove herself as well, by not allowing the media, or the Democrats, to get away with attacking she and McCain, or their supporters. She's also defending herself against slanderous allegations of improper work ethic, and defending her family as well. I think it's appropriate to say that this is what's been holding them back all along; they've been trying to handle Obama with kid gloves, and it's just not working. Is it safe to say that McCain and Palin now have a good, fighting chance to make it to the Presidential Office next month? I think so, and all I can say is, about time! No more Mr.Nice Guy!
Wow, some of you people are too cynical. That cocky attitude is exactly what's going to get you in trouble when November gets here. Continue to be smug....the numbers don't lie, and McCain is gaining ground.

if they were being "Mr.Nice Guy" before I would hate to see what you think they are going to do now.

NO!
i think hes a lieng old person that will say anything just to become president!
he and palin need to stop attacking obama over stuff that isnt even real!
WE CANT AFFORD MORE OF THE SAME!
GO OBAMA! :)

I think they have a good chance. Obama only beat McCain by a few points the other day in Virginia. I think McCain and Palin are back and I hope they win. If obama wins this country is doomed. He is going to take our troops out of the war and we won't fight that means more terrist attacks for this country. Also obama is trying to get kids to go to school all year around and so is his running mate. I think we all need to realize that obama is just trying to get his kids famous. Did you hear his wife the other day his daughter wants to become an actress so this is obamas way of getting her way into hollywood

McCain and Palin will surge to the White House. The American people are too smart to elect the inexperienced and liberal Obama!

The poll numbers are shifting but in the big picture this thing is over, IMO. I would love to wrong, but that doesn't happen very often, lol. McCain has no wiggle room at all. He can't lose one single red state and he is WAY behind in, for example, Virginia. It will take a complete reversal of thinking, an absolute momentum shift to turn this around, and that's not going to happen in the current environment.

Picking up speed?

You mean that the polls are plummeting faster?

"No more Mr. Nice Guy" really means "More negative campaigning" which really means "I've run out of issues."

McCain always comes off as aggressive.
That really hasn't changed.
Any "momentum" that he's picked up is due to him distancing himself from the "cranky old grandpa that wants to nuke iran" image.
Basically, he's trying to seem human, to varying degrees of effectiveness.

I might agree but, he has one major liability:

Sarah Palin

He is an old man with a history of cancer; she is a dumb woman with a history of being a scary fascist.

Sarah Palin

He is an old man with a history of cancer; she is a dumb woman with a history of being a scary fascist.

Sarah Palin

Not really. They are doing as they always did its just that Obama is now slowed down because he is the new missiah. Nothing can beat him. Shall I bow now or can I wait a few days?

Back