Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Sarah B

Problems with Samsung G600 Wap/MMS Settings (Unlocked from tmobile so using o2 sim

PAYG)? HI All,

Happy New Year and all that

I have had a Samsung G600 for Christmas that is unlocked to use my o2 PAYG sim that I have had for years (The phone was bought as tmobile)

I have tried to set up WAP and mms both automatically (using Samsungs website) and manually (entering the ISP address etc) but neither has worked.

When I click on the browser button it comes up with web 'n' walk and then says 'Unable to connect. Please review your network settings. (error: 3.-1.9:80/).'

Is it likely that it won't work because the phone has been unlocked? If so I will have to get myself a tmobile sim and use it on that.

Thanks for your help, hope I've made a little sense!

debrabruce2003
    take out the simcard, put another one in, anyone, it doesn't matter. Turn on the phone and go through all the settings. When finished, take out the simcard and put yours back in. Go through the settings and at the last ones about wap profiles, select the correct one.

Unregistered
    I had this same problem when I decided to get an o2 sim to use with my unlocked w880. I rang up o2 on 08706003009 and they read directions and settings out to me as I input them into the phone. I later found that the settings were also available online with the right search that obviously involved w880 mms manual settings o2. This gave me exactly the sheet from which the adviser had been reading. I couldn't find the same thing for the g600 but keep heart if you have this problem, the answers are out there.