06'Harley performance parts?

williams

May 11, 2008
Maybe you should buy some "performance earplugs" to go with that "performance exhaust." In fact, but a couple of sets for your neighbors, too.

I have a 06' Harley Davidson Night Train with the 88 cubic inch and 5-speed trany, with only 2,834 miles on it. so far I installed a Thunder Header exhaust and a power commander and a after market air filter .I want to install some high performance parts in the engine (internal parts) what is the best cam to install in a 88 cubic inch Harley motor?

if you wanna be able to pass emisions your gonna have to stick with screaming eagle which isnt really a cam.if you want real performance there are plenty of aftermarket cams out there just keep in mind you will have to swap out your cams every time you go to emisions. I would also have the heads put on a flow bench at a shop.get those heads to breath and you will make great power

Bore it out and shorten the stroke.

A cam won't do much unless you do the above.

Lighten the flywheel and port and polish the intake manifold.

Lose some weight too Harleys are porkers!!!

Change the internal gearing as well, stock is junk way too low.

A Harley is a pretty poor performing machine, even the 30K Screaming eagle. Hell a Honda Civic can outrun one on the highway.

if you wanna be able to pass emisions your gonna have to stick with screaming eagle which isnt really a cam.if you want real performance there are plenty of aftermarket cams out there just keep in mind you will have to swap out your cams every time you go to emisions. I would also have the heads put on a flow bench at a shop.get those heads to breath and you will make great power

Back