Men:( Mid twenties and up.) Would you prefer a career wife or a house wife?

Im 24 and would definitely prefer a career wife as opposed to a house wife. A career orientated wife shows that she has goals in life that and is not afraid to follow her dream, and I have more respect for a women (or anyone for that matter) if thats is the case. Plus in this economy, it is really difficult for the working husband to support a family on his own paycheck (unless you're some trial lawyer or something) and we all know that financial trouble usually puts negative stress on a family.

While our children were young I had a house wife and now that they are grown I have a career wife. I love her unconditionally, regardless of HER choice.

We have been married 27 years and I am 51.

When my wife and I talked about marriage, we had this discussion. She wanted to be a stay at home mom. I agreed with her reasons for raising our children instead of daycare.

We agreed that she should stay home until the kids are in full day school then she would return to teaching.

I really don't care if she ever works however her working will make it so our children will not have to pay for college. I think that is a great gift to provide your children.

I am 35.

Stay-at-home mom when the kids are young until high school (if that's her choice). Career wife after.

If no kids - career wife.

I wonder if she would prefer a career husband? Hmmmm...

Either, Whatever makes her happiest. I have a housewife but if she wanted to work then I'd support her decision.

I wanted a housewife and mother for my children! I have always wanted children and I wanted a wife that wanted the same and a wife that wanted to stay home and raise them.

SO that is who I was looking for when I was dating. My wife's desire was to be a mother and stay home and she has been doing that for over 9 years now.

I am 37 and my wife is 41 and we have been married for almost 12 years.

these days its not so much what one perfers but necessity. two incomes is much needed these days for a relationship. i'm 39

I would prefer a house-wife. I work alot myself and someone needs to be at home and take care of the house and kids.

Being a house-wife is a huge job in itself.

Besides, I don't want both of us to be tired at the end of the day....I need someone to give me a massage when I get home, and make my dinner.

career wife. Not that I'm against children. but I'd prefer someone who can help out with finances, I'm making a modest income right now, and it's tough to live well on it alone.

Back