Satellite Internet question?

j_dub2207

Oct 16, 2008
Ok so im planning on switching to satellite internet. If anyone knows of a good satellite internet provider please let me know. I live in houston, tx if that makes a difference. also I do alot of online gaming so it needs to be pretty fast price doesn't matter all that much as long as it's not outrageous. Thanks in advance.
I have cable but the wiring at my apartment is terrible so its like using dial up its ridiculous

Satellite internet is usually $100 and up and has high latency so games and voice over IP calls are a real problem. Streaming video too.

Sounds like you can't get fiber optic, cable, or DSL service. You might be able to get a cellular card from your phone provider, but keep a close eye on how much data you can use before the price goes sky high (over your limit) this also won't work all that well for gaming etc.

Satellite internet is usually $100 and up and has high latency so games and voice over IP calls are a real problem. Streaming video too.

Sounds like you can't get fiber optic, cable, or DSL service. You might be able to get a cellular card from your phone provider, but keep a close eye on how much data you can use before the price goes sky high (over your limit) this also won't work all that well for gaming etc.

Satellite internet access is for people who can't get it any other way, like if you live in the jungle. You'd be better off with anything else. Can't you get cable or DSL in Houston?

Back