740i, George S read again? I tightened the long bolt (1 of 2) that go onto the water pump of a 1995 bmw 740i, how do I go about extracting that broken stud out. It is not the short ones which are quite simple and present the physical eye, but this one goes all the way in and it was the long bolt about 95mm I believe. What are the steps to get to this broken stud and remove it. Thanks guys....

By the way, Everything else is fine on the new water pump, new gasket, strong sealant except for this bolt breaking. What I did was get a long screw with a very sharp edge on the end and managed to put some washers and a lock washer for spaceing and than I tapped the head reall hard with a hammer and it seems it has gripped itself in the center of the broken stud and it is acting as the original bolt would have just with a little less tension, its in there firm and seems to be apply some force on the water pump keeping it more sealed. Will this be fine too I will find out tommorrow when I hook up all the hoses and fill it up. Please try to answer both requests thanks...

Note People, This is the long bolt that goes into the water pump, so it is not extruding out you cannot even see it....it is out of sight deep in there. George thanks for your information but a channel lock has no place for this...It is the long bolt on the water pump and is way down in there and you cannot see it at all unlike the shorter screws which are on the surface of the waterpump mounting area. how can i get to this will i have to take off anything and get in the engine etc.. if so how do you go about geting there.. thanks guys help out everyone..need your help..had the damn job done it was all perfect after geting rid of a broken stud already now i have a broken stud i cannot get to...