I live in the United States but right now I am out of the country in Brazil. I have 2 children my daughter is with me and my son is with his father in America. I was not able to bring my son with me because his father would not let him. I am in Brazil for my husband to finish his college here and he will just have to take a couple years of school in the states. i wanted both my children to come and learn another language and have a different experience. My children are not yet in school so I thought it would be the perfect age. I am staying in Brazil for 5 months. My ex sent me an e-mail saying that my son made me something and that I would recieve it in the mail soon. When i recieved the package it said birthday present on it. When I opened it it was court documents showing that he is trying to get custody of my son and he wants child support. I was so upset. He knows that I am in another country and not able to defend myself if there is a court date. No court date is set yet, it was just a documument showing his request for. What can i do? i am going to call the court house and see what I can do but I wanted your opinion. He is so heartless it makes me so upset. He said that I am not doing what is best for my son. My husband is finishing school to get a better job for us to have a better life style and i wanted my children to learn another language. My daughter already speaks some portuguese and she is younger than my son. What should I do. any advice would help. I am a good mother and i think I will not lose this case. If I have to I will go back to the states. thanks in advance