Should I break it off w/ Internet flame?

india

May 14, 2008
Last year I met someone on Yahoo Answers. We began emailing each other ALL DAY LONG everyday while we were at work. After about a month he asked me for my phone number. He lives 1000 miles away from me. He also disclosed that he has a live-in girlfriend. At the time I was separated from my husband. We began talking on the phone almost every night (for hours) in addition to still emailing all day at work. At times things got really hot and intense. After about 5 months, my husband and I started getting closer and decided to give our marriage another shot. I told my "internet friend" and he said he was happy for me and "kind of relieved". He seemed to really focus on his relationship w/ his g-friend and the two of us remained friends. We stopped talking on the phone, but still emailed all day long at work. In many ways I feel like he is one of my best friends. He knows so much about me. He made a flirtatious remark to me a few weeks ago, but then took it back b/c he said "he respects the fact that I'm married." My problem is that I can't stop thinking about him. I think about him ALL the time. Things are going great in my marriage, but I can't get this other man out of my mind. I know that he is trying to focus on us just being friends now, but it is very difficult for me. What should I do? Part of me has an extreme urge to jump on the next plane to his city!

You were both Lonely ,just send cards ,,and both now make another go of your Marriage, and hes relationship with hes Girlfriend,, has you have never seen your internet friend,,its only fantasy,,

cut it off NOW...... Your relation ship with your husband is going good and family is where its at... Think about this. He is on the computer of the phone doing hot and heavy talking, turning you on and he has a live in girl friend.. How sick is that? He knows you are back with your husband and he was relieved because he dont have to sneak in the phone calls but still e-mails you.. He is a cheater and he will always be a cheater.. How many more women do you thinki he is doing the same thing too.. Its time to cut the ties.. Please take this advise from a guy who used to play lots of girls this same way.. My goal though (married or not) was to bed them down and then move on. Get on a plane? How silly is that... Be a family again... drop him.. Hugs, and I wish you love... Grant M in Pennsylvania

I agree with the previous poster...it is pure fantasy...the WANTING to know if there could be something there. But you have to remember that old saying..."The grass isnt always greener on the other side". Right now it is the feelings that are persuading you...the feeling of a fresh start, those butterflies in your belly that make you anxious! I would talk to him and tell him how you feel. I am willing to bet, that he has no intentions of leaving his GF, if so, he would have already done so. Chances are, things were rocky in their relationship (as was yours) and you both were looking for comfort.

Good luck!!

I knew someone for met a girl over the internet. They had been speaking for a long time and in the end he left his wife and kids and moved to the U.S from England even before they had met. The relationship lasted about a week and they couldn't stand the sight of each other. He was living with her and had to sleep on the couch in the end. It was that bad they weren't even on speaking terms.

So my advice is to find someone closer to home!

Back