Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

do i need a certain kind of dvd player to go with my new lcd tv?

can any one help i brought a new lcd tv few weeks ago its all good but when i play a dvd the picture is weird get coulour lines going across picture almost like shadows picture on tv is perfect do i need a new dvd player ? i brought a cheap branded one and that is doing same so confused?

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok think of it like this the dvd players you have are playing in what they call 480p which is digital not hd. it has to stretch the picture to fit your resolution if you have an hd lcd. I would recommend using what they call an up-conversion dvd player. It takes that smaller resolution and makes it hd. But the key to using up-conversion is that the ony way its going to help is if you use an HDMI cable. This cable will let you have un compressed video and sound quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If your tv is 1080p capable then go for pioneers DV-600AV.It upscales to 1080p and that could be what your tv needs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can still buy the really cheap dvd players that are "regular" ones. However, there's 'upgraded' ones that program up to a higher resolution, which might be what you need.

The best advice---for any dvd player---is don't buy CHEAP!!! Too many problems from the cheap ones. Be willing to spend up to $100 for a decent one. Go to Best Buy, Circuit City, even Walmart, look at models, and look for one ON SALE for $100, that way you're getting an even more expensive model for cheaper costs.

If you settle for some lame dvd player, you're getting the cheapest motor possible, the cheapest laser possible, the cheapest electronics possible. Friend of mine bought a wonder and it always freezes up on him, because it's not good enough to process all the imaging from the dvd. Ends up having to restart the whole movie again.

So be decent and buy a decent model. Around $100 will get you want you deserve. And keep the receipt. If you still get the weird color lines, then take it back and say it didn't work. But then, you might check out the tv if that many times causes the distortions!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can still buy the really cheap dvd players that are "regular" ones. However, there's 'upgraded' ones that program up to a higher resolution, which might be what you need.

The best advice---for any dvd player---is don't buy CHEAP!!! Too many problems from the cheap ones. Be willing to spend up to $100 for a decent one. Go to Best Buy, Circuit City, even Walmart, look at models, and look for one ON SALE for $100, that way you're getting an even more expensive model for cheaper costs.

If you settle for some $30 lame dvd player, you're getting the cheapest motor possible, the cheapest laser possible, the cheapest electronics possible. Friend of mine bought a $30 wonder and it always freezes up on him, because it's not good enough to process all the imaging from the dvd. Ends up having to restart the whole movie again.

So be decent and buy a decent model. Around $100 will get you want you deserve. And keep the receipt. If you still get the weird color lines, then take it back and say it didn't work. But then, you might check out the tv if that many times causes the distortions!!

Downloads
    Uploads

If you settle for some $30 lame dvd player, you're getting the cheapest motor possible, the cheapest laser possible, the cheapest electronics possible. Friend of mine bought a $30 wonder and it always freezes up on him, because it's not good enough to process all the imaging from the dvd. Ends up having to restart the whole movie again.