Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultra Mega

Why do the police make so many mistakes?

Not long ago in the news a man was shot and killed by a police officer. The police officer had pulled the man over for speeding, ask the man for his proof of insurance and registration, and as the man said "OK" and reached for the ietms asked for the officer, the officer fired his weapon at the man. The police officer claimed he didn't know what the man was reaching for! Probablly his insurance card and registration? I thought all police were trained professionals who put their life on the line for us? This is bad, this is very very...bad
    To those showing concern: yes the video was shown, as a camera tapes from the police car. the officer was convicted of the crime. Now seeings how so many are standing up this A***Hole on here, let me also point out that their was also a recent 911 call made by an off duty police officer who thought he was dying because he had ate to much "Weed" as he had put them in his brownies to get high! A police officer being ghetto lol thats funny. The officer was released from his duties. Not all police are bad, but a very very large handful of them are, and the proof is out their!

For all the 'they are only human" well so was the guy reaching for his insurance crad and registration, and now he's a "Dead Guy" To error is human, to murder...is evil

Adeptus Astartes
    because they are human?

frontstca
    Yes it is but they are human and afraid, the society whee respect has gone and people are shot all the time with drive bys etc puts the police in a frame of mind that they air on the Side of caution to our detriment...

Ellie Jellie
    well since that is all the media potrays of them, are their mistakes. you really don't hear the stories where they saved someone's life, or where they helped someone out. if all anyone of heard of about you were your mistakes, would they think of you as a good person??

devilgrrl
    Because they are human. That is a good one. But think about the kind of person who is attracted to the profession. It won't be the smartest guys you went to school with. They are either jerks who are seeking authority to abuse or nice guys with super hero complexes.

Keith
    Sounds like Bubba made someone wear their pink panties after lock down last night.

Kaz
    It's cos they think they are the law they feel like they can shoot or taser anyone just cos they feel threatened. They probably feel they are an easy target cos they're risking their lives everyday.

Nightstalker1967
    To err is human...... Also, consider the huge number of opportunities to err with which all the policemen in this country are involved. It is miraculous that there are not more mistakes. Don't blame the whole body of law enforcement personnel for one bad incident.

PS I'm not in Law Enforcement, nor do I have relatives or friends in it.

bee bee
    Number one, this sounds fishy, There had to be some reason to make the Policeman pull his gun in the first place. everyone stopped by them has to go through the same process.. Stop and think about this . Only way I would buy this, is to see the video that policemen, usually have to protect themselves..
    If that showed He just shot the man for sport, then he deserves what ever he get. But, let's be fair to both sides.

kerry k
    They are, as already pointed out, human. They also face perils that we know nothing about. What might not be known is the actions of the driver may have been such as to cause the officer to believe that the driver was reaching for something other than the documents asked for. I have never seen an officer pull a weapon on me for a traffic stop. When I have been stopped, which is rare, I have those documents out, and in plain sight by the time the officer reaches my vehicle.
    Regrettable though the situation is that you refer to, I have to ask what the driver was doing as he was reaching for what was supposed to have been the drivers documents, or did the driver do something that made the officer feel his life was in danger?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast