Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is likely the most prominent job in the future?

I want to decide my major but i am totally confused!....i wanted to go for marketing but a lot of people said that business degree would be useless since the economic crisis doesnt seem to have a near end. So what do you guys think?Medecine,Dentistry,Law? others? . please list them if they are also well paying...i dont want to suffer in my life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    garbage truck driver or janitor

Downloads
    Uploads
    i know someone who loves journalism but took nursing coz she was forced by her parents since it's in demand, but after passing the board exam, she doesn't want to work in a hospital.

just know your skills, strength, weaknesses & passion, focus on it and just enjoy what you're doing and you'll succeed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry about the economy. By the time you're through college, it's likely to be up again. Just do what you want to do. Do you like marketing? If so, GO FOR IT!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Best way to go is just with whatever field suits you best, whatever you're able to best excel at and enjoy most. You can't limit the type of payroll you expect just on average salary figures and the economic crisis. A lot of experts are actually predicting a big boom after all this. Also don't get TOO caught up in what you major in because your major isn't your limit. For most people, the profession they end up in is completely different from what they studied for their major.

What I suggest you do, is...
    1. Just decide on a major that looks like you could potentially enjoy studying throughout college, and could eventually see yourself in the workforce that it prepares you for. Don't worry about how much money you or anyone thinks they might make, unless it's just really obvious of course.

2. Try and work part time in the meantime and/or do a little experimentation with ways to make money, such as investing, or skills trade. This will give you a little backbone plus help you understand where your strengths are.

3. Once you get out in the professional world, be it the career you majored in or something totally different. Just do your best and enjoy it. That's how you make money from your career. A good lawyer will get paid much more than a second-rate lawyer, same philosophy applies to any field.

4. Invest. Be it stocks, funds, business, wholesale, real estate, precious metals, or whatever... you're investments can protect you against the mishaps of the economy. If your job becomes less prominent, at least you wont hate it, which is where you'd really be suffering, and you'd have other if not more income from your investments. And who knows, you may start a full-time small business or stock trading or whatever and replace your job entirely. Just gotta put your foot out there and think outside the box of "This is my major, this is my career, so this is my salary for the rest of my life."

Downloads
    Uploads
    health care. humans are living longer and longer.-blurey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the economic crisis should not preclude you from majoring in business. The people that are advising that the degree would be useless are not very savvy when it comes to markets. There are always ups and downs, some worse than others, but even this situation will come to an end soon.

Even if we see a major depression, there will still be a need (perhaps an even greater need) for people who are educated in business.

Other than that, there are always plenty of jobs available in the medical industry, and the library industry is due to see a huge spike in job availability in the next several years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the future we will need,
    Star ship pilots
    Moon buggy mechanics
    Someone to wipe Uranus (YUCK)
    Galactic pizza delivery guy