what is your favorite breed of hunting dog ? ?

grumpygirl

Jul 27, 2008
do you prefer a hound or sporting dog ? what breed would you want if you were hunting with a pack of dogs ?
i was just wondering if anyone has seen a pack of rhodesian ridge-backs on the hunt . i have seen pictures from hunts in africa , but never in the U.S. has anyone seen a pack of hunting ridge-backs here ?

What are you hunting, bunnies or fowl?
I had a Cocker Spaniel that loved to go bunny hunting.. but he evolved into a grand squirrel dog too... he didn't do well with pheasant.. most were bigger than he was and would want nothing to do with them...

Love those Beagle Dogs.* The most I had at one time was three (3*) , and they would all hunt together or give chase and trail separately.* I also love Bird Dogs for hunting.* I love all the other breeds also.*

I use large poodles. They are breed as a hunting dog (originally before people started colouring their fur/hair and gave them gay haircuts)

They are strong, smart, and really like hunting.

I would want my yellow labs. They are wonderful hunting dogs and I can't imagine hunting without them. They're my best hunting mates.

I had a German Shorthair Pointer and he was the smartest, best natured, happy dog I ever owned. spent 20 min a day training and he picked up everything really fast. Besides, I could play frisbee and fetch really well cause he was a great retriever. Also a great swimmer and was fun at the beach. But when It came to hunting....amazing!! Perfect point, very obedient, and loved every second of it.

Pack hunting such as deer, rabbit I prefer large beagles. For Raccoon hunting Black and Tan Coonhounds and Plotts.

I like just a plain old hound dogs and beagle. We have some fancy sporting dogs but they're mainly for show and I do have a chocolate lab to retrieve.

You should see my bunch when we're on the hunt. They're wonderful to watch. Most of them are descendants of hunting dogs that have been in our family for generations so their instincts are kinda inbred into ours. It's really mystical and if you're not a real hunter with dogs then you will have no idea what I'm talking about!

I don't use a pack, but my favorite is the Britany. All brits have one thing in common. They are spoiled rotten.

I don't use a pack, but my favorite is the Britany. All brits have one thing in common. They are spoiled rotten.

Back