Religions and Drama...?

KinkyDinky

Oct 11, 2008
Wouldn't religion just be something that was created to satisfy peoples addiction to drama in their lives?

I doubt it. I know some people who are pretty accomplished drama queens, and they aren't the slightest bit religious.

It probably was, at least in my opinion but we'll never know because everyone that was alive back when the bible was written were all disillusioned so you wouldn't get a straight fact out of any historical evidence pointing to it.

because religion teaches us a way of life for inner peace as human beings by preventing issues BEFORE they happen and not ignorantly walking into them,

drama is what happens when your astray from the peaceful rules

It started out in tribal times, when every one in the tribe had a purpose. There was 1 guy who wanted to sit around and still eat, but without doing any work. That is how the first priest was born.

What better way to convince all the strong and well armed hunters in your tribe that you still deserve food, than using an omnipresent, all powerful force that only he can commune with.

people have religion to give them the answer to why we're here. a question unanswered is very frightening to people. nobody knows for sure.. so why are we killing people over it in wars today? can't we all just accept the fact that we don't know how we got here.. religion was created to bring some sort of unification to the people.. and yes that works for some people, but its doing just the opposite today. instead of guessing and making everyone believe its correct, can't we all live in peace and PHYSICALLY try to figure out how we got here? I really can't believe that the world has come to this

I would say it was created to control the masses, a means by which the people could be made to follow the rules without arguing - people can just do things religiously like I brush my hair each day therefore I do it religiously! But religion as commonly perceived is in controlled groups with lots of rules(well ten isn't too bad I guess)

Back