...address, is this an internal problem? My friend's dad tried getting on the internet, he had no problems until the other day. He has a cable modem, everything is fine, the wires are connected, all the lights on the cable modem are on. Time warner even came and tried installing new modem to see if it works and it doesnt. I tried fixing it by going to network connections and click repair, I also ran some scan that said it cannot find an IP address. Then sometimes an ip address will come up but it still says no connection. Did something internally blowout? I tried everything, went to device manager, control panel etc. I even tried changing adapter cables etc. The only thing my friend could think of is that the night before his computer stopped working windows was doing an update you kno the yllow icon for the service pack and it was going slow so in the middle of it he canceled it but when he did he was able to sign online but the next day he wasnt able to. We also did a quick restore to an earlier date that didnt help, should we try a full system restore? any ideas?