extension cord or other device!? Why is this? Just bought an Apple Wall Charger for my iPod, but the iPod will only show the charging icon if it's plugged directly into the wall. Is this just the way the iPod charger is or is it a problem with my charger, my iPod, or my wall outlets? It will charge when I plug it into the wall outlet but if I plug an extension cord in and connect it to the extension cord it won't charge. If I unplug the extension cord and plug it directly into the wall it charges fine. I also have a thing that I plug into the wall outlet and it makes one jack become three. It's like the same size as the wall outlet, you just plug it in to the top or bottom outlet and then it has one in the middle and two additional connections to the left and right. Works for everything else like fans and lights, but my iPod won't charge from that either. If I unplug it and plug the iPod directly into the wall outlet it works fine though. Is there not enough current running through the extension cord and "outlet expander" to charge the iPod or what?

Thanks for any answers!