Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why are people who boom their car stereos such losers?

Do they actually think that they are being some sort of "rebel"?

Anyone who does that is obviously insecure, weak, scared, and unintelligent. So why do they do it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    They really ARE losers... because the real motive for their behavior is aggression. They are disturbing the peace and forcing themselves on others (like some form of auditory rape) knowing that most people won't dare do anything about it.

If they were real rebels, they'd say what they really think to our faces. But they're just passive-aggressive losers with little yarbles.

That, and they're generally low-IQ or poorly educated. I mean, look at what they're listening to... when's the last time you heard someone driving around booming a Bach cantata or the news?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a pretty general statemet to make about someone based on the simple fact that they blare their car stereo.

Maybe people do it because they enjoy their music a lot, and their sound system and want to show it off. While that doesn't make them the most humble, polite people on the planet, I don't think it warrants labels like "insecure, weak, scared, and unintelligent".

Does it really bother you so much that you have to complain about it on Y!A??

I have friends with really good car stereos and it's actually kind of fun to cruise with the music loud... do you need to be such a buzz kill?

I think you are really pompous, arragant, and full of yourself. See, generalizations don't feel so good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are trying to show others that they are not all of the above when we know, in fact, that they are as you say "losers". They just like to annoy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    they want attention, they think its cool. i find it to be so annoying

Downloads
    Uploads
    i don't know that they are quite how you describe them, however, it is extraordinarily annoying especially because most of the time the music is horrible. i cannot stand rap. (i prefer music) so maybe it has to do with just being ignorant. (you did say that) they will lose their hearing unless they already did, hence the loudness. perhaps they just like looking retarded.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm of the generation of Led Zeppelin and just plain old rock and roll and guess what darlin, we back in the day used to crank up our little piddley radios in our cars. The systems ya'll put in cars now, is amazing and I think back on my younger days and KNOW for a FACT that kids back then if they had these systems would have been BLASTIN the stuff out of there cars, just like the kids today. So nothins changed, and yeah there is something to be said about being a rebel regarding the music you like it's that whole being young attitude that most of us go through.
    And guess what I still love my music from way back when and have a pretty descent stereo system in my house and when the windows are open in my house you can here it outside. So I'm still a kid at heart when it comes to playing loud music. The only difference is the music now and the music from long ago.
    What annoys me about these kids that have spent alot of money on there car systems is when you hear the bass rattling the car and making a vibration sound, it sounds awfull!
    I think you need to chill and let kids be kids, you aren't young for very long and most of em grow up and grow out of alot of what there into now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm one of "those"! I love to "feel" the loud base sounds in some music when I'm driving. You know, the windows down, AC/DC blaring, cruising on a nice day! BUT, when I'm in an intersection around other cars or going through a residential neighborhood I have courtesy and lower the volume. I'm not a loser, I just like it LOUD!