Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can a meat-eating diet be just as healthy as a vegan one?

I just want to know, because there are many vegans who claim that they eat healthy and yet I know that I eat healthier than them. I exercise, I eat fast food and drink soda minimally, I try to eat whole-wheat, and even if I eat junk two or three times a week it won't kill me - I exercise so I'm healthy.

So can you answer my question?

Downloads
    Uploads
    they are just bitter because bacon smells so good!

Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as the animals you ingest are pumped up with antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones; as long as they are linked to bird flu, salmonella, mad cow disease, and trichinosis, and as long as it takes two full weeks to pass their decomposing flesh through your colon -- no question about it the flesh based diet is not as healthy as a grain based diet. PERIOD.
    When I became vegetarian one of my sons chose to get a job in a high end market and worked in the meat department with the butchers -- for about two weeks, when he came home absolutely green and swore he would never eat flesh foods again. He reported that many of the carcasses he butchered had to have tumors and other cancerous tissue cut out before the meat could be cut into steaks and chops, roasts and ground meat. This was not confined to farm animals either but also involved fish both salt and fresh water varieties. And that was way back in the 1970's! I assure you that things have not gotten better.
    The choice is yours -- of course. But if you are young, and I suspect you are, you might want to give the question of what you choose to put in your body some more careful consideration.

Downloads
    Uploads
    no. like one of the other people said being strong doesnt mean your healthy. (other than that....troll)

meat,especially with all the added flavors and colors and stuff (seriously go to youtube and watch how hot dogs are made) is extreamly unhealthy and it might seem like its fine but any amount of meat can have negative effects on your health.

like i used to eat meat and i thought i was healthy and i felt fine then i became a vegitarian and it makes me feel a million times better.....like i only feel as good as when i ate meat when i have a cold or something.

i would go into more detail but alas i must go

Downloads
    Uploads
    The picture you paint here is not an image of health, sorry to say. Do not confuse physical strength with health. Strenuous exercising will not compensate for a poor diet. How do you feel knowing that you fuel your body with garbage, and that your body runs with this garbage? The food you eat becomes a part of you - your cells are replenished with the nourishment you provide it with.

Most people would define healthy as "Oh, I eat whole-wheat bread and don't eat fast food much."

My definition of health is far and beyond that.

The day starts with a urine therapy - fresh in the morning. It's my way of checking in and seeing if everything is OK. When it's salty to the taste, it's usually an indication that I have to re-balance. Following this, I concoct a juice - usually I make a red bell pepper/zucchini/avocado/algae juice and drink that on the way to work. There is literally no digestion involved and I get instant revitalization. Other mornings, I have wheat grass or hemp juice.

As for what I don't eat - carcass, cow's breast milk, chicken eggs, processed foods, foods that appear to have been grown in a laboratory, foods that contain more than 1 ingredient.

I know this may sound strange to most, but I would consider a dessert something sweet to the taste, such as an apple, goji berries or freshly squeezed orange juice. I try not too eat too much fruit because they're high in sugar.

Now, I can continue and give you examples of what I eat daily but I estimate that this was enough.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it can. Any diet - vegan, vegetarian or a diet including meat - can be healthy or unhealthy depending on what's eaten.

I'm vegan. Christine up there, the one talking about drinking pee, s/he isn't vegan - just a troll who pretends to be vegan in an attempt to make vegans look silly. Don't fall for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it can. Any diet - vegan, vegetarian or a diet including meat - can be healthy or unhealthy depending on what's eaten.

I'm vegan. Christine up there, the one talking about drinking pee, s/he isn't vegan - just a troll who pretends to be vegan in an attempt to make vegans look silly. Don't fall for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't know what planet you're living on, but fast food and soda aren't healthy... at all. First, let me say that I too eat meat. I also eat an occasional meal at Taco Bell. But I know that Taco Bell isn't "healthy". I say anything is fine in moderation.

You will die of something eventually. If you don't have a heart attack from all the saturated fats in meat, you'll get cancer from something else. Just try to make healthy choices and don't punish yourself to never eating dairy, meat, or eggs again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It shouldnt matter unless you're eating unhealthy red meat and other animal fats.Stick with just fish

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. And they can be healthier. Or the vegan could be healthier. There's more to it than whether you eat meat or not.

You sound all right, except that "fast food and soda" three times a week sounds about average - not healthy - once every couple weeks is healthier. And I'd give up sodas altogether since they leech nutrients and rot your teeth as well as being bad for you. Drink water, milk or soy milk, or fruit juice. By fruit juice I don't mean "fruit drink" with added refined sugar, I mean real juice like when you look on the carton the only ingredient is "orange juice" and maybe some calcium.

Also don't listen to that urine drinking guy, the reason you dispel urine is because it is full of waste your body doesn't need. Don't drink it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast