What will the picture quality of a HD DVD 1080p movie played in a 1080i

TruthSeeker1

Jun 2, 2008
player be like? I just bought a Hd dvd player, because it was at a cheap price and the HD movies are so cheap, question is that the player I bought was a 1080i player, so was just wondering what the image would compare if i where to play the movie in a 1080p player on an 1080p lcd 40in screen, or a dlp projector.

Very Little difference in the performance to be fair.

Unless your really going to look closely at the picture it is very difficult to see the difference between 1080i and 1080p.

The blacks may be a tiny bit more black etc. Both are high definition. It's just that 1080p is a little bit more HD.

Nothing ot worry about.

It all depends on the deinterlacer in the TV. A poor deinterlacer could cause anomalies when it combines the odd and even interlaced frames.

1080p will look crisper and cleaner but it would be very hard to tell the difference when sitting at normal seating positions especially on a smaller TV (ie: 40"). The artifacts or anomalies would be more apparent on a very large screen (ie: 100" projected image) or if you were only a few feet away from the screen.

It all depends on the deinterlacer in the TV. A poor deinterlacer could cause anomalies when it combines the odd and even interlaced frames.

1080p will look crisper and cleaner but it would be very hard to tell the difference when sitting at normal seating positions especially on a smaller TV (ie: 40"). The artifacts or anomalies would be more apparent on a very large screen (ie: 100" projected image) or if you were only a few feet away from the screen.

Back