Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Anthony Straight

MOS 92 y AIT in fort lee,va?

Yes i was wanting to know the schedule for a soldier while they are in AIT , im married and my wife lives 5 miles from fort, lee,va im in basic right now actually im on leave for x-mas until jan- 3 but when i go to AIT will i get to use my cell to call her and will i get to leave post to go see her on weekends?

RATZ
    AIT is more laid back than basic. That also depends on the people that is in charge of you. I went to ait in Aberdeen Proving Grounds Maryland. Yes I got more privledges. And we also lost privledges. I don't want to get your hopes up but you may get to visit her from time to time, or even every weekend, or more .Who knows. I came home several times, flew to Boston once. AIT wasn't bad. It just all depends on who is in charge of you. Buddy I've been out for 23 years. Good luck and thank you for serving in the military. Make the best of it.

Freedom
    Yes, you will be able to as my daughter just got home from FT LEE on December 4th [oops]. Yes on the cell phone; yes on the weekends if you have decent behavior during the week.

CPT B
    Yes, it is.

Leave post? No, you are in training.

Unregistered
    i just left fort lee, thank god... depending on what company you're in will determine the level of treatment you receive as well as the various priveleges. I hope you're not in papa company because you'll be in for a rude awakening... bottom line you get treated like shit. The only way the unsavvy cadre can get anyone to do anything is by threatening to take away priveleges they don't give out anyway... it wasn't hard for me, but everyone around me seemed to cry constantly about his/her cell being taken away, or why they can't smoke... i mean come papa company was a joke, everyone passed their pft, even the guy on crutches who was on profile all cycle... just go their, do your time, and join your unit....

Unregistered
    Well after reading what everyone wrote of course they are going to have there own opinons so just like them I think I'll share mine too. I was is Whiskey Company and I enjoyed every minute of it, it seem like I was free from bondage. After we took our APFT then were we allowed to have every weekend to ourselves and, also get to use our cell phones we just couldn't take them to school. But that was only if you had good behavior during the week and did as you were told to do.

PS: Don't worry everything will work out and you will be able to see your Wife.
    Good Luck, Mrs. Confused
    Signing OFF