Future Army Soldier needs help with WI DMV QUICKLY?

senoritadiablo08

Oct 3, 2008
So i am 18 i don't have a drivers license yet but i do have a learners permit...so i need to schedule a drive time for the drivers test.....but i leave for basic Nov 3.....when i first tried to schedule one the only one that i can get to is Oct 29 (5 days before i leave.so i took what i could and then i called the DMV and i was told 'first come first serve'
I NEED TO HAVE THINS BEFORE I GO !!!!!!!PLEASE HELP

why's that the only day you can go? Most DMVs do drivers test anyday...well, besides the weekends.

Just on October 29th, get there right when it opens. It's pretty simple really. Don't freak

Go to the DMV early in the morning and request to take a test. IF all else fails inform your recruiter and they maybe able to assist you. by the way where are you going to be doing your BCT?

Go there. ASAP...be the first one there in the morning. Ask for a supervisor. Let them know your situation and ask if they can let you take your test that morning. Even if you have to wait a while. Be as flexible as they need you to be. If you have paperwork showing when you leave for basic...bring those to prove it. The yessir and nosir and thank you sir will go a long way.

You don't need a drivers license to be in the military, hell you don't even need a civilian drivers license to drive in the military. Your unit will teach you how to drive whatever it is that you're going to be driving.

what do u mean.. if you can get the one on oct. 29 why not go then .... explain about what u meant by first come first serve.. it seems like u had scheduled one fro the 29th

Does your MOS require that you have a civilian drivers license? There are very few that do, and if your MOS is not one of them, you actually don't need it. You can just bring your permit.

Driving tests ARE scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. There's not too much you can do about this, other than ask them to call you if someone cancels.

Back