Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to make a CO2 car go as fast as possible?

I am doing a project and i am sort of a bragger so HELP!!!

Unregistered

Gear weight, design, and aerodynamics

What you need to do to make a fast co2 car: least weight as possible, cut holes in the bottom and put paper over it, do whatever to make it lighter.Design, the design has to be really goo, a thin and wide one will do good, a completely rounded out cylinder with a point will also do.Use thin wheels, you won't have as much friction, which will slow you down, and use three wheels because it covers less surface area. Also if you have it. put wd40 oil on your wheel axels. you will be happy with the results.

Unregistered

areodynamics

first of all stop bragging my friend had to go to the hospital because he bragged about how strong he was

if you want to make your co2 car go fast you have to get a few good plans(i recomend going online and searching ong google or ask, But modifie the designs a little)
    make you car so it can cut through air eaisily(a teardrop shape works perfectly)
    make it light also and make sure you don't go under any weight limitations or anything also make sure the car is so light it just flips over so leave a little weight in front
    paint helps the areodynamiocs if you do a good job on painting also make sure you dont have to big or to small wheels itll slow the car down alot if you do

Unregistered

Heart New

Help me im not good at this stuff and i need a good grade for this class!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is faster also a good car parts dealer is faster than them motorsports

Unregistered
    to make a fast car use balista wood witch very light and make your car thin but not to thin cause it will break. make is wide around the axel holes for the wheels and make it kind of long so it will wouble less and it will go straight. MAKE IT AERODYNAMIC!!!!
    if the car as just flat air friction will slow it down so make a little bumb in it so and will move it out of the way.

Unregistered

Star Blue The design for my winning car

Try to make a shell car if possible, those are hard to make tho. I say make a low-profile shape with not much frontal area and boat-tail the back. Use fatter wheels in the back to give the car more acceleration and use skinnier ones in the front to use less surface area. When you cut the wood, make a shape with a skinny nose, that ends up rising about 1.5 inches in the back. Then carve out wood to kinda make an upside down canoe, but don't cut where the co2 cartridge will go.