Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Factory Bose system in my truck, adding an alpine stereo w/ 50Wx4 is that

enough or should I amp them? I've got the factory Bose system which sounds good. I added two JL 10in w3 with a JL 500/1v2 amp the other day. Soon I'll be getting a new alpine stereo that will be pushin max 50Wx4. Is that enough to boost the mids and highs or should I get an amp for them? Also, does anyone know where to find the specs on the factory Bose system? How many watts the factory stereo puts out? If you were going to add another speaker to the arrangement what would it be?

Downloads
    Uploads
    it should be more than engough , but it all depends on how loud you want it , id just leave it alone, not unless you want some of the features that ur current stereo doesnt have

Downloads
    Uploads
    when you amp any stock speakers, bose, boston acoustics, jbl, chances are you going to blow them. i'd stick with the alpine 25x4. if your worried about not hearing your mids and highs, that a legit concern with 2 w3s. if you do have problems i'd replace the bose, and go with something you can amp.

a lot of people love bose, and thats fine. but truth be told there not that great, comparied to the rest of the car audio world. for example if you were to put in diamond audio, boston acoustics, or mb quart, there all going to sound a LOT better then your bose factory speakers.

good luck