Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Unregistered

LAME

What I would like to know is: Can any one tell us who the hell LAME is; and how did they get unauthorized access to all of our computers? I'd like to throttle these guys.

Chris

Unregistered
    For those who did not install the K-lite Codec pack but have the Media Player - Codec Pack can probability try this... i based this on the solution that is provided by the other user above, tried this myself and so far the popup did not come back. i cannot guarantee anything though, just try this out if you want and give a reply..

1) Go to Start --> All Programs --> Media Player - Codec Pack
    2) Select GSpot codec information
    3) Select Systems --> List Codec and filter information
    4) Scroll and look for Lame MP3 codec engine
    5) Right-Click and select set filter merit
    6) Set to Merit_Do_Not_Use

Hope this works for you guys! As i said, i cannot guarantee you anything, i just tried to use the solution above to suit for the Media Player - Codec Pack.

Unregistered
    works!!!
    Thanks - Gracias!!!

Unregistered

Businessman Aha...

I will try this method and report back...

Unregistered
    Just in case anybody's monitoring this old thread, this problem is still alive and well. It occurred to me after I accidentally upgraded my IE 9 browser to IE 10 and I accessed a page on my own site that I had embedded a short MP3 file in. I don't use IE very much, preferring Chrome or Firefox for most things, but here's the way I solved this in Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Although I didn't have the K-Lite codec pack on my machine, I found a Windows 7 codec pack in Programs & Features. I highlighted it, chose Uninstall/Change and deleted the LAME MP3 Codec from there. Popup never reappeared.

Unregistered
    My computer is win8,and I also have the annoying lame mp3 codec problem. I don't find the K-Lite codec pack on my machine.There is no sound at all in my computer.How to solve this problem?

Unregistered
    Went to Uninstall/Change Media Player Codec Pack 4.3.2 from Programs & Features, but there is no Lame MP3 codec listed? What do I delete instead?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123