WAYYY too much PDA!!!?

LC<333

Sep 28, 2008
my sister has a boyfriend of 7 months and they do wayyyyyyyyy too much PDA (public display of affection). they're constantly kissing (not just pecks), hugging, and hanging all over each other. it is disgusting to me, to my friends, and to her friends. however, she won't stop!
i hung out with her and her boyfriend, and her boyfriends brother and friends last night, and they were (once again) PDAing the whole time. it makes things so awkward. my mother has talked with her numerous times about it, and it seems like i'm a prude because i am the one who stands up for what i believe about it the most.
i don't know what else i can do.

any suggestions so that i don't seem like a prude or annoying little sister to her boyfriend or his friends? and so that i can just get it to stop???!
thanks

Don't call her on it in front of a bunch of people, that'll just make her really defensive about it. When the two of you are alone, let her know that you think it's great that she and her boyfriend are so close, but when they hang all over each other it makes you feel really awkward. Be gentle about it; she may get hurt and/or embarrassed. But let her know that it's not so much fun to hang out with the two of them anymore because of how clingy they're both being. Ask her if she'd be willing to take it down a few notches, at least for the sake of your comfort level.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AlI7rTxMDlrRWCMRsfC.CIDD7BR.;_ylv=3?qid=20080928145714AAwcX1C

(Sorry about the link; I'm just a little desperate.)

Back