Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

children and screaming-what do you think?

We went to the bookstore today and there were 2 moms with 6 kids running through the aisles screaming at the tops of their lungs. The mothers were chatting away and didn't seem to mind. What happened to inside voices? If it's in an open place like the park, then go for it, scream away. But in a confined space, I think screaming is inappropriate. My 4 year old knows better than to yell in a store like that. What do you think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with you. I hate when kids are screaming in stores. Often i go shopping and leave the kids with my hubby to get away from that. So that is the last thing i want is to hear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know! People these days seem to think that it is perfectly okay for this to happen. I think if the moms were running around screaming, someone would have called the cops. What happened to teaching your kids how to behave in public?

Downloads
    Uploads
    you are 100% correct.

chances are, these moms have learned to tune the kids out and they are allowed to run wild at home. fun fun fun for the future...and lust a lovely time for everyone else when they go out in pubic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've always said to my kids that if they scream I will come running. If I come running and there's nothing wrong there will be trouble - for their own safety. So no, I don't go for "scream away" anywhere. If my kids scream I know instantly that something is badly wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's so sad to see parents who care more about themselves and gossip than their children wreaking havoc in a public place.

For all they know, their child could have been kidnapped right in front of them but she was just too busy "catching up" to notice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I probably would have asked to talk to a manager and complained about it. Yes, it's the parent's responsibility, but if they aren't doing anything in a situation like that I think the store should intervene. It's the same in restaurants-if a child is making the experience for other diners, the manager should ask the family to leave. I have two children of my own, if they don't behave in public, we leave. They know it, and I have no problem walking out, since I don't want to be "that" mom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    kids used to be somewhat afraid to get their parents mad because of the consequences.... belt or hair grab or smack. but because this is considered TOO mean, kids know they can do what they want. mommy's not going to yell at them in the store. they'll get time-out when they get home is all. BIG whoop! no wonder this generation of kids acts the way they do. time to get back to putting the fear or the belt into the kids. it worked for me and now my relationship with my parents is great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I strongly agree with you there People just got where they don't really care at all what their kids do anymore As a mother of 3 myself my kids knows not to do that either

Junior Member YesIamaruthlessbitch's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think so also.

It really goes thru me to hear screaming or crying kids/babies.

Sometimes I will look at the kid like: What the heck is your problem? The parents too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast