Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Screen on the Samsung M520 turns completely white when it's opened...?

I own the Samsung M520, and whenever I flip the screen up it turns completely white and cannot see anyhting. Does anyone know the cause of this??

The screen is white no matter if the phone is flipped up or not.

Unregistered
    Same with my phone. It keeps going white, and I have to turn it off and on.

Unregistered
    Me too, mine has been white for probably 18 hours straight now and will not go back

Unregistered
    it is common. i am having this problem with this phone as well. i talked to a sprint guy. he said that it might be a short circuit, and if they can't fix it, it is still under warranty for a year.

Unregistered
    broken flex assy. send for repair

Unregistered
    mine too they said i have to get a new phone. the same model but its free.

Unregistered
    The phone is a peice of bull!! My screen went white but when you wait for the screen to gooff it will go backto normal but eventually it will stay white no matter what.you can get a replacement but it will do the same thingin a matter of time,so i would recomend a whole different phone,get rid of samsung

Unregistered

solutions + reasons + what you can do

i have had this problem for about half a year and i've grown used to it. therefore i've also found a few (cheesy, but ocassionally functional) solutions:

1. slide the phone up and slide it back down. press and hold the center button for 2.5 seconds and then release and press the center button again. press and hold the end button until the phone turns off. turn it back on by holding the end button again.
    [~20% temporary fix success]

2. make sure the phone is closed and the screen is not lit. open the phone as fast as you can without breaking it (before i had this problem only when i slid it up slowly. sliding it fast somtimes works)
    [~50% temporary fix success, if you have JUST encountered the problem]

3. make sure the phone is closed and the screen is not lit. connect the phone charger (to light the screen up). this occassionally works because the white screen is caused by a loose connection only when you slide it up. sometimes keeping the phone down does not break the LCD connection. it should work when the charger connects.
    [~70% temporary fix success, if you have JUST encountered the problem]

4. let your phone be for 24+ hours and try not to light the screen up in any way (best to just turn it off). leave it off for about 2 days straight and try again. this has worked for me merely a few times.
    [~30% temporary fix success]

5. sometimes the connection between the LCD and phone is not completely broken but is merely insecure. very rarely, shaking the device vigorously helps. this has worked a few times.
    [~5% temporary fix success]

**WHY?**
    the four possible reasons to why you're getting this white screen:
    1. physical abuse (dropping it, throwing it, other forms of physical damage)
    2. water damage (short-term exposure to water)
    3. overuse (sliding it up and down too much can damage the LCD connection)
    4. quality of the phone is simply not up to bat. if you use it at a normal rate for about 3 months, sometimes it will get this problem simply because of the poor quality of this phone.

**POSSIBLE PERMANENT FIX?**
    for me, i have had this problem for so long that my phone has (just recently) refused to work to any of my above tricks. at this point, my phone only FIXES ITSELF at random times of the week. but when it does fix itself, DO NOT close the device by sliding it down. go to menu>settings>power save and turn it power save mode ON. whenever you are finished sending a text, calling someone, or whatever you're doing with your phone, do not close it. just leave it open and let it sit there until the power save mode automatically turns the screen off for you. if you don't close the phone you shouldn't encounter any white screen problems because you aren't sliding it up and down.

this is the best solution so far but it may become irritating because you can't close the phone and it can't fit in your pocket or it gets closed in your pocket etc.

**WHAT CAN I DO?**
    you can talk to sprint or samsung and get it replaced.

i've heard from another online forum that he asked sprint to sign him up for a montly reccuring warranty replacement plan for only 4 dollars a month. once he signed up for the plan he got his phone replaced for free.

call the people over at samsung and see what they can do. i haven't talked to them (and don't plan to either because we are switching out of sprint to t-mobile) so you'll just have to ask others or see for yourself.

**CONTACT**
    if you have another solution or you have a question for me, send me an email.
    [email protected]

heh =)

Unregistered

Mobilephone1 samsung m520

my phone's doing the same thing. it started about a week ago when my mother dropped it but it would usually just go back to normal after letting it sit a minute, now the white screen has been there since late last night, i doubt it'll work again. I've already had this phone replaced by sprint once for the buttons messing up.

Unregistered

Currency Dollar M520 Whitescreen nightmare

Sprint gave me the following options :
    1) pay 100.00 deductable to get a refurbished unit
    2) extend my contract for two more years and get a new cell
    3) pay 200.00 to cancel account early
    4) purchase a new unit 269.oo
    5) add an account for 9.99 and get a new cell for free
    6) there is nothing else they can do - you need to pay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast