Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At your 11/12 week dating scan, the genitals of a boy and a girl both look pretty much the same - both protrude slightly looking like a little willy or something. There is a complex method which can be used to determine the sex from this by measuring the angle at which it protrudes, but generally they won't give an indication of the sex this early as it's difficult to be certain. A bit later on the female genitals generally appear as three small lines while a boy still protrudes. Of course, it all depends on the position the baby is in and how clear a picture the technician can get. If you really want to be sure I'd recomend getting a 3d/4d scan if you can afford it (or convince family to help out as early chrimbo pressie or something). Where I live it's about £165 but you get really clear pics of the baby and a DVD of him/her moving around in there which will set your mind at ease and be a great thing to hold onto for the future! Best of luck whichever you have!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Ultrasound gender prediction - confusing?

Hi, I am 23 weeks pregnant and had my first ultrasound at 11 weeks.
    I and my OB could clearly see something protruding between the legs.
    She said it looks like a boy but can't say so early. I had another ultrasound around 16 weeks and there were two dots in between the legs. OB said we can't decide the gender now. It could be boy or girl.
    I was confused. I had my last ultrasound at 20+ weeks and there wasn't anything between the legs
    so what was that I saw during my first ultrasound .... what am I having? boy or girl? quite very confusing .... really want to know the gender because I have a girl already ...
    I was confused because of those two dots also. May be what I saw during 11th week was just the umblical cord?!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well i think its a boy,
    my ultrasound at 22 weeks showed 3 dots on the ultrasound and i was told by the tech that that means its a girl.
    Good luck and i hope your bubs is a healthy one!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's why my doctors office won't tell you that early its way to soon and you risk the possibility of being wrong. Never with most U/S its never a sure thing they have gotten it wrong. You should wait for your next one to help determine to be on the safe side. At this point it's a fifty/fifty chance! Good luck. After 24 weeks it will be easier to tell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually I know someone who knew the sex by 13 weeks. Yes I saw the picture and no I am not lying. It was clearly a boy. She is now in her third trimester, every time she gets an ultrasound, she's told it's a boy.

Girls are harder to tell because their private parts tend to be swollen and can be mistaken for a boy. Boys are very easy to tell unless there is something blocking that area or they are not cooperating. Normally two lines means boy, three lines mean girl. I'd guess your having a boy.

http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/pregnancy_week_12.htm

Your Baby's Growth and Development

Your baby continues to grow and develop tremendously during pregnancy week 12. You'll be amazed at the pregnancy week by week changes that start occurring within your baby in the upcoming months. Your baby's genitals will start showing signs of being either male or female soon.

So yes you can tell after about 11-12 weeks, it just isn't very accurate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i would say girl! good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    HA HA HA get a better doc, if she could see somethign between your babys legs at 11 weeks then christ she must have good eyesight as gender in a baby isnt know or started untill the 16th week.

whats the hurry, i didnt know i was having a girl untill i was 25 weeks pregnant. just ask you gyno at the next appointment when they do an ultrasound. just remember just because they say its going to be one sex doesnt mean it wont come out the other sex, i know lots of people who have been told they are having a girl only to find after birth that its a boy!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    "It could be a boy or girl" ha ha. I would have said to the ultrasound tech. 'god i hope so!'
    well, i didn't think they were allowed to tell you the gender before 20wks, and they needed to be pretty sure anyway.
    Hmm. Sounds like you're not supposed to know!

mina.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My doc saw two dots and told me it was a girl. i also had a look on google at ultrasound gender pics.