Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

what is the norm for how often couples's see each other?

After some convincing. I agreed to go out with a guy I'd spent a couple of weeks getting to know.

I thought we were having a good time, his friends and family seemed to like me (from what he told me). Then 3 weeks into our relationship I called to see if he wanted to something that night, to which he replied, 'uh, actually, could you give me a call tomorrow, I want to talk about us'

of course I knew what this meant and I brought it up that second. Basically he didn't want to see me anymore because "I was in the way" and that he is a "loner"

Is up to 4 evenings a week to much for a fresh relationship? I guess I just expected that we'd want to be a part of each other's lives. If it is, I guess I'm just used to fully sharing my life with a partner.

Do I adjust what I want out of a relationship because it is unreasonable and not how people date these days,

Or, was it just one of those things and I should not apply it to everyone.
    I really need to know these things so my heart can stop breaking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well...when one is dating ..I would say ..about 3 to 4 times a week..is ok...for next step..is moving in together or getting married...and that is
    seeing each other everyday ofcourse.

Downloads
    Uploads
    4 nights a week is way to much... once or twice a week if use are free... my and my gf live like a fair bit away so we only see each other once or twice a week. i think dis keeps things fresh and use dont get bored wit each others company

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it really depends on certain things. If you go out with a guy in the same school, and spend time with each other during school, then that sometimes might be enough with the other partner. But if you guys dont, then its probably vice versa. But, he is saying that he is a loner, he is not breaking up with you because of you, its because of him! He is more of a independent folk so... he probably doesnt need a girlfriend. Dont worry, you should just move on, or at least try

Downloads
    Uploads
    “Too much” is different for every person.

FYI, this is a dating, not a marriage question. Married people generally see each other every day. I have no idea what dating is like these days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe it was just him. A lot of other people like spending time with one another. Maybe he was just to busy with his life that he didn't actually need or want a girl i guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You dont match up so end it. He may have just said that becasue he wanted out and that was a good reason. Dont contact him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most people take it a little slower than that at the very beginning of a relationship. One easy way to tell if you are on the same page - are you the one making all the plans? Or is he initiating getting together too?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, 4 times a week sounds pretty normal - but that guy is not.

I would not worry about it. You cannot predict or change for the freaks of the world.

It sounds like he did not really want to be in a relationship in the first place.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You just found someone that you got along with, but you have different expectations on what made up a relationship. You need to find someone who wants the same things that you do, do lower your expectations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast