McCain and commercial fishing?

rebelsroyaloutlaw

Sep 21, 2008
I live in a commercial fishing community and thats what we all live off of. Around here I've been seeing bumper stickers that say:

Commercial fisherman for
MCCAIN * PALIN

Can someone please explain to me what this means? Is Obama going to do something to hurt the commericla fishing industry or what?

Many small business owners support McCain and Palin because they won't raise business and payroll taxes like Obama wants to do.
Small business owners understand that if their taxes are raised they will have to pass it on to their customers (therefore hurt business) or decrease overhead usually in the form of cutting jobs (hurts business again).
McCain wants to cut their taxes and help them grow their businesses

It means that commercial fisherman are supporting McCain. There must be something that the commercial fisherman recognize that make them feel that McCain is the better choice for your community and commercial fishing.

McCain's plan is build oil rigs for fish. they just love those places. did anybody see McCain MARVELING over seeing fish around an oil rig. God, he sounded like the Grandpa on Southpark. I think he was so impressed he shat his Depends.

Commercial fishermen traditionally report their "fishing" income on their regular form 1040. Under Obama they will be taxed out of existence. Even though they don't make that much after expenses, they are some of Obamas "rich" that aren't paying their fair share.

One of the most dangerous jobs there is, but they don't deserve to keep what they make under Obama.

Country First, not last!
McCain/Palin '08

Liberals support democrats. Democrats spend much of the time listening to eco liberals who want no more commercial fishing as some day all fish will be gone. Democrats state and federal levels pass laws like in my state ( California ) where entire towns have gone bankrupt and private families of fisherman have gone on welfare. Eco liberals don;t give a rip. Their attitude is go find another industry to work in.

go MCCAIN AND PALIN... GO GO AND GO

HE WILL RAISE YOUR TAXES, SALES TAXES, FEDERAL TAXES, EXPORTING TAXES, LIVING TAXES, DREAMS TAXES, DEATH TAXES,

It means that those who work as fisherman for a living are voting for McCain/Palin--or at least the people who have the bumper sticker on their cars/truck.

It means that Obama will want to cut down on commercial fishing to "save the planet". Have you seen the movie 'Happy Feet'? It's a really cute movie, but it dramatizes the effect that commercial fishing is having on the environment. McCain won't do anything that will hurt a family's income or, in your case, an entire community.

It just means some commercial fisherman support McCain. The only thing I believe Obama would do is try to lower the number of tuna taken out of the water(they eat jellyfish which are over populating and affecting the rest of the ecosystem) but besides that, no.

No. I just think they're trying to show that they support McCain. Maybe people support Barack just the same?

Obamas tax plans will hurt businesses. owners are concerned that they will have to close or down size.

Back