Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ella Dummet

Can any telus phone work with rogers ?

The telus phone has a place for a sim card , so can i put my rogers sim card in it and will it work ?

Rob
    No, telus does not support GSM phones at all as they use a CDMA digital network. The SIM card place that you are referring to is likely a micro-SD memory card slot since there are no combination GSM/CDMA phones on the market.

Unregistered

telus compatibility

i own both a nokia 2163(rogers) and a nokia 6265i(telus) the rogers one is registered on a sim card, and the telus is not. however there is a card slot underneath the battery on the telus one for a sim card. not a sd card. there is a seperate slot for that. would my telus phone be compativble on a rogers network?

Unregistered
    I have the same question, I have a Nokia 3205i from telus and a nokia 6085 from Rogers and my 6085 kinda crapped out on me (the screen did anyways) and I need to send it in meaning losing it for about 2 weeks+ BUT Rogers pretty much NEVER has loner phones in and I need my phone. If you figure(d) that out, let me know lol

Unregistered

sim cards

if you want to find out if your sim cards will work in the other phones there is a way to test. just take you sim card out of your phone and put it in the other phone than turn it on. If you can make out goin calls it works if not your out of luck

something about TELUS SomeoneWhoKnows's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    if you want to find out if your sim cards will work in the other phones there is a way to test. just take you sim card out of your phone and put it in the other phone than turn it on. If you can make out goin calls it works if not your out of luck

Well said, although I believe TELUS 'world phones' work on different gsm signals in order to prevent them from roaming on Rogers network when used in Canada.

Unregistered
    To make this all short, no you can not use your SIM Card in any other phone than that of your cell phone company as they are SIM-locked. Only after unlocking the phone you will be able to use the any SIM Card in that phone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    To make this all short, no you can not use your SIM Card in any other phone than that of your cell phone company as they are SIM-locked. Only after unlocking the phone you will be able to use the any SIM Card in that phone.

Well said!
    TELUS... The Future IS Friendly, just not yet.

Unregistered
    does rogers work on gsm, and does any gsm phone work with rogers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, Rogers is a GSM carrier. Most gsm phones have a sim-lock in order to make them harder to switch to another provider but many people have found a way around it. Try Google.
    TELUS... The Future IS Friendly, just not yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast