my computer has a DVD DL burner with lightscribe.... that does that mean i can...

BulletBabe

Sep 15, 2008
...play HD DVDs? is an HD DVD movie in a DVD DL?
can my ps3 play them? i want to see them in high def
or do i have to connect my comp to my tv to watch in high def?
and how do i connect my comp to my tv? do i need some cable?

Don't think so. I don't mess with this stuff, but HD DVD was a format put out by Toshiba, a competitor to Blue Ray. It lost.

DVD DL is another, less advanced format, not compatible with HD DVD.

Your PS3 probably has a Blue Ray drive, and I don't think it'll play them either.

You'll probably have to get your hi def movies on Blue Ray disks, and play them on your PS3

Dunno what cable you need to hook up your PS3 to your tv. Might be HDMI or something. Look at your manual. And I suppose it should have come with that cable in the original package.

Your tv would probably have to have a compatible input though, or you'll be stuck with lo def anyway.

Don't think so. I don't mess with this stuff, but HD DVD was a format put out by Toshiba, a competitor to Blue Ray. It lost.

DVD DL is another, less advanced format, not compatible with HD DVD.

Your PS3 probably has a Blue Ray drive, and I don't think it'll play them either.

You'll probably have to get your hi def movies on Blue Ray disks, and play them on your PS3

Dunno what cable you need to hook up your PS3 to your tv. Might be HDMI or something. Look at your manual. And I suppose it should have come with that cable in the original package.

Your tv would probably have to have a compatible input though, or you'll be stuck with lo def anyway.

Back