Loud humming noise from 2002 Pontiac Montana 78k miles?

ShawnW

Jul 9, 2008
I have a very loud humming noise coming from the front end of my van. I notice it when I get to about 40 mph. If I put the car in neutral the noise is still there, it does not change. When I turn slightly to the right it stops. Driving straight or to the left it is still there. I have been driving with it like this for two weeks. Money is tight and I am worried it may cause an accident. Am I okay to continue driving? Any ideas? Thank you for your help. Shawn

You my have a wheel bearing going bad, or a CV axle going out. I would have it checked ASAP before you have a W-R-E-C-K and become DOA!

Sounds like it might be a piece on one of your front wheel drive shafts. I'd suggest getting a pro to look at it. This unfortunately might be expensive.

two weeks smart so what happens to a car when the wheel fall off i wonder if the car goes what ever way it wants cost more to fix it now than it it did two weeks ago im sure.. hard to say what it could be without hearing it ... but guessing doe sit make any sound when just sitting still and running or when you turn the steering wheel .. if not then maybe a wheel bearing

Back