Dodging the Questions That Are Important?

CHARL

Jun 2, 2008
Today on GMA there was a discussion with Michele Obama and Jill Biden... They talked about being a mom and about issues of family leave ( Sick Pay) and about abortion.. They showed a blurb on Cindy McCain when she was asked if she agrees to over turn Roe V Wade she replied "There are more important issues out there than this"
Dodging the question??? What do you think??

I'm with her on this one. Abortion is simply not a deal breaker.

National security, Economics, Energy, Immigration reform. Those are the important ones to me.

She is going to be the wife of the President. Michelle was off limits why isn't Cindy. Double standards.
Obama the nominee has dodged questions what about that?

She is right, health care, unemployment, losing your home, sick leave, immigration, drugs and crime are more important than the government insuring that a pregnant girl, if she wishes, has an abortion not in the back alley but in a clean operating room.

Her husband certainly doesn't dodge the questions, he's very direct. Are there more important issues out there right now? Yes! Indeed. Like the war, economy, government spending, ect. There are many higher priorities than abortion, even though I am pro-life. Look, if we don't focus on America and stop worrying about helping other nations, were going to continue to get worse. We need to start here and focus on Americans and regroup and rebuild America to get back on track.

Its true, these crazy women who are OBSESSED with getting abortions are just SICK in the head! Its just EVIL to kill babies! Obama wants them KILLED Even if they are accidently born alive- MONSTER OBAMA!

I agree. There are much more important issues... The economy is bad, we are at war, Gas prices are insane, illegal immigrants are bleeding the system and people cant afford to pay their doctor bills.. but lets worry about free abortions for everyone!!!!!

Are you voting for Michelle Obama or Cindy McCain? If not, then why does either of their opinions matter. I don't think either one of them will be making ANY executive decisions if their husbands are elected.
THe record is clear, BHO is PRO-abortion, McCain is anti-abortion. That's all you need to know. The first lady is in charge of the White House staff and decorating at Christmas time, NOT policy decisions.

There is great hypocricy in the pro life movement and a insideous side to the pro choice. One expect to demand that women go full term with the pregnancy but would throw a wobbler if they ever had to fund it with taxes. Then on the pro choice side seem to range from a practical argument to an immoral and hideous argument, that you should be able to abort at any stage.

there are more important issues. abortion is a private issue and should not be govt. funded, but no matter who gets in, Roe v Wade will not be overturned. Ms. Obama and Ms. Biden can only dodge questions because if they stated their true beliefs, they would continue to drive away voters from their husbands' campaigns

She is dodging the issue.
It's one of the major reasons single issue voters side with the republican party.

I don't think that is dodging the question.
There are more important issues to deal with. I think although there are disagreements over abortion, there is common ground between the parties.
There are other issues however that need more immediate attention.
Not to mention that was a loaded question and there was no good answer...there are too many variables.

She's right, there are more important issues, but many people just like to distract from the real issue: The Economy.

Even if there are more important issues, it's still political maneuvering and dodging of one issue which happens to be imporatnt to MANY voters.
Mccain doesn't want to burst the "look we have a woman who's for women's rights" illusion bubble they've carefully created.

The whole concept of it is to embarass McCain, nothing mroe. Iven today's Obama ad in spanish about linking McCain to Rush Libaugh is a total lie concerning immigration. The Obama forces have no conscience and a total lack of ethics. Him and his liberal pac / lobbyists have done their best to destroy a decent human being, Ms. Palin, not only rieitizing her personally, but bringing her family into it. Now we have one of Obama Buddy the incompentent had of teh Freddie Mac work away with a 100 million dollars whicle the govt has to pick of 1/2 tillion dollars in the mortage mess. Of course Obama says he had a "plan" that woudl have prevent this, but we didn't get to hear his plan at least not yet. When wil Obama supporters take time to look at the uglay truth about him and his corrupt liberal character assisination team.

Back