Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Getting into the habit of picking up after yourself, and motivation?

I guess I just want to know your motivation to get it done. Sometimes mine is turning on some music, or writing a list, or that I know some ones coming over. I don't have a problem with cleaning, such as scrubbing, cleaning windows, or vacuuming oddly. But I do with straightening up. Our house wont take but an hour to become a mess. A big decluttering job, and in a week its back to the mess I started with. I have done routines where I straighten up the house 3 times a day, but on the weekends we aren't home enough to keep up, so we end up making a mess while were home and not cleaning it up because of time, and I just fall out of my routine. I also don't like to do anything until the mess is dealt with, but ends up causing me to procrastinate. If I taught my family, and myself how to pick up after our selves this wouldn't be a problem. How would you go about teaching this rule to your family, and getting into the habit yourself?

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I feel unmotivated, I tell myself in my head "Stop being so lazy and do it!" works every time