Two problems with my 95 nissan maxima. Need help please?

chgriffin85

Sep 15, 2008
1.) I changed my oil yesterday in my Maxima and now my car is doing the strangest thing, when I crank it up my engine will choke and act as if it wants to cut off. Im leaning towards the possibility that it might be my fuel injector, also when I press on the gas a little bit it takes my car a good second to speed up, my transmission is perfectly fine by the way and it just started doing this when I changed my oil. I use Castro 10w-30w because my engine doesn't have that much mileage on it and I've been using the same oil since 2005 without any problems. Like I said before I think it could possibly be my fuel injector acting up but if any else thinks other wise feel free to say.

2.) My right passenger window is malfunctioning, it will go down, but it wont go back up and I usually have to pull it back up by hand. I'm guessing my window motor is cracked or broken, but its going down without any trouble so I also think it might just be off track. Im holding off from getting a new motor because I want to make sure I don't have to spend any money, does anyone think they can help me out?

Thank You!

My quick two cents and first impressions here.

1. Did you happen to add something to your fuel tank like an additive
that you are forgetting about. And if you did, did you follow the directions on the bottle ? Think now, was it just an oil change ?

2. Door window could be a number of things but I doubt it's the motor.
Could be the switch. Try bypassing the switch or do some electrical
troubleshooting. If not, have an experienced tech look it over.

Good Luck to you...

Back