Do any of you wives get upset with your husband when he turns the stereo on loud...

LovingMan1

Sep 18, 2008
...at your party? Hubby turns on stereo on what YOU PERCEIVE as being too loud. The guests are dancing and singing to the music having a blast but you don't like the music that loud. So you go off on him. Can you relate or is my wife anal?

I can relate only its me who has the music full blast & my hubby wants it turned down.To that he gets called a party poo-per.lol

So, you think you should be in charge of the music? How about being a good man and say something to your wife like "WANNA HAVE THE MUSIC UP?"

Actually that happened the other night to me. I thought he was playing the music too loud and asked him to turn it down, and he got mad and turned it off. What a baby!

ahahahaaa this is so cute that you are doing this trying to prove her wrong.. i do the same thing to my boyfriend... SHE IS ALWAYS RIGHT. good luck!

I am wife of 34 years .loud beyond reason could be a problem. but I would wait until after the party then turn up my volume.

She sounds like a selfish b*tch! Crank it louder so you dont have to hear her whine!

I wouldn't go off on you. Why didn't she just talk to you about it if it was bothering her?

I wouldn't go off on you. Why didn't she just talk to you about it if it was bothering her?

First of all - there is not reason to "go off" on your spouse especially in public over something like this. I am not a fan of loud music at parties because the louder the music the louder people have to talk to be heard. That does not include situations where there is enough space to dance/jam to some tunes in one area and another quieter area for visiting. That said - there was no reason she couldn't have pulled you aside and asked that you turn the tunes down a little if it was really bothering her. I'm assuming alcohol was involved - add that to the equation - and either one of you could have blown the perceived music out of proportion. Next time - since you know it's an issue - discuss it prior to guests arriving.

Back