I need help still with my internet connection?

Chandini

Sep 17, 2008
I tried to do what the person said that answered my first question. My aunt has a modem and a router from Verizon but the laptop internet still won't connect. I just have the modem. Maybe the laptop was connecting through the neighbor's internet and not mine but still it won't even connect at my Aunt's house even though she has a modem and a router. I don't no what's going on with this internet. I need it to be resolved ASAP!!

You should write your problem in detail, it would be easy to resolve it. If you are using wireless internet connection then you must be required a router to connect to the internet. If you are using modem (dialup) then you should have some physical connection wire to connect your laptop with modem. If everything is ok then check the configuration or call to support people of your internet provider.

Open the "Network and Sharing Center" in Control Panel > Click "Manage Network Connections" on left "Tasks" option menu > Right click your wireless connection and select "Properties" from drop down menu > Double click both "Internet Protocol Version 6" and the "Internet Protocol Version 4" to make sure that both are configured to acquire the IP and DNS server addresses automatically? I don't think that this will rectify your problem at home but, maybe at your Aunt's house...

Back