Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have a shared ip. how do i forward a port so that peers can connect to me in...

...p2p downloads through µTorrent.? i added a port in windows firewall's exception & configured µTorrent to use it but because my ip is shared & the port isn't open on other users of the same ip, peers cannot connect to me & i end up getting very low p2p download speeds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to use a router to port forward. In the router's setup, look for port forwarding and set the incoming/outgoing port number to your computers IP address. This will allow your router to send the right info to the appropriate computer. Go to start, run and type cmd. In the command prompt type IPCONFIG ... this will give your computers IP address.

Just so you know, each computer on a network needs a unique IP address. Two or more computers with the same IP address will cause a conflict.