Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Andre L

God and Gays (Letter to the Editor) I want to know your thoughts???

We need to learn to be open minded enough to discuss this issue based on rational grounds. I do not feel that homosexuality is a manifastation of a deficit in character or emotional or mental ability. A person who is gay or has gay tendencies may be "wired" differently from birth. I know this is a throw back to the nature versus nurture argument.

We must come to grips with the reality that the human sexuality is the most complex of any animal. This is probably because we as humans have the most complex and higly evolved minds. Therefore, unlike most species our sexual envolvement is not simply an act of procreation but it is also an expression of love and communication on a very intimate level. Sometimes our interest or connection with others does not come in the package of the opposite gender.

In addition, the psychologists "Freud and Erikson" suggest that the lines human sexuality are not clearly marked. (Most people are not 100% heterosexual or 100% homosexual) Most people are some where right or left of center along a continuem.

Culture, tradition and religion has created taboos that have discriminated against certain groups based on unrational grounds. We all know that homosexuality will never be normal or normative behavior in western and especial American culture. However, homosexuality should not be viewed as an act or a transgression against God and Humanity.

I know that many of you are going to tow the line with a literalistic interpretation of scripture from the Old Testament to the New Testament. However, I will caution you, that the same scriptures were used to justify African/African American oppression from Leviticus, to the Letters of Paul. So I do not think that we should use, misuse and abuse the Sacred scriptures to justify anyone elses oppression; homosexuals.

We must be broad minded enough to look at the big picture. The cooresponding theme from the Old Testament to the New Testament is a theme of Liberation. In a literal since, in the Old Testment, the Bible talks about the Liberation of a wayward people who are looking to a Messiah to help them re-establish the Kingdom of Yehwah and deliver them from their multiple international enemies. The Gospel shares with us a Savior who will bring this Kingdom down through an act of LOVE, which led to His death on the Cross!!!! (John 3:16)
    (Yes, Jesus died to liberate his people and all people)

I believe that we should share in the mission of the Long awaited Messiah. We should embrace God's Kingdom, expressed through Jesus Christ and share it with others. Abernachy called The Kingdom, "God's Beloved Kingdom."

One way to share in the Kingdom of God is to untie ourselves from the cultural and religious chains that oppress other people. We need to fight for the cause of liberation of everyone even if it leads to our own cross and blood shed.

To me the topic homosexuality is not a issue of sin, but it is a issue of SOCIAL JUSTICE. GOD'S PEOPLE ARE BEING OPPRESSED THROUGH DRACONIAN LAWS THAT PROHIBIT THEM FROM LEGAL MARRIAGE AND THE ABILITY TO ADOPT CHILDREN IN MOST STATES.

WE NEED TO SHARE GOD'S BELOVED KINGDOM TO ALL WHO ARE OPPRESS AND THIS INCLUDES HOMOSEXUALS.

shereen b
    You say homosexuality is not a sin .In which holy book is that written ?!!..I think it is needless to remind you with the story of prophet Lot or it is not enough
    You say that homosexuals are oppressed ..well if they stop this act for the gratification of our Lord ..surely they will be rewarded.
    Or do you think it is better for anyone to do anything as he likes
    and call for sympathy , support and legal law for his actions
    So a father sleeps with his daughter and call for understanding
    a man prefers children and calls for sympathy and understanding to share God's beloved kingdom to all who are opperssed
    Which law we are suppose to follow exactly ?!!Our forbidden lusts or God's law ?!!

tx_trotter95
    Nice rant. Totally wrong, but nice nonetheless. If I get your bloviating right, you are essentially stating that you want to believe the portions of both Testaments that fit your viewpoints. How convenient.

BTW, don't forget that Jesus loved the sinner while loathing the sin.