divx makes my firefox crash, how to stop it?

DrPepper

Jul 13, 2008
ok so whenever i go to a site with a divx video it always crashes my firefox and then a firefox send error report thing pops up. i have the divx player and i dunno what to do. i love watchindivx movies online cause they are such good quality can anyone help me out? thank you

same shi^ is happening to me ! help would be wonderfull

Here is the fix:

Start -> regedit

open:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

Double click ProxyEnable and change the 1 to a 0

restart and you should be back up and running again..

For divx crashes: Go to Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings --> Uncheck "use a proxy server for your LAN". Don't forget to click on "automaticly detect settings".

Here is the fix:

Start -> regedit

open:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings

THANK YOU! You are a genius.

Finally fixed!

Here is the fix:

Start -> regedit

open:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings

I've been trying to fix this problem for a week after installing and re-installing practically my entire laptop it's is finally fixed

The genius who posted this solution = LAD!

Still crashing

I've the value set to 0 already, still clicking on HQ DivX in youtube and other sites crashes firefox!!!

already a 0?

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Here is the fix:

Start -> regedit

open:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVe rsionInternet Settings

but what if its already on 0??

Hey I also have same problem !

I have windows 7 32 bit and firefox as well as chrome also hangs while playing divx videos !

Solution of regedit and internet setting are already correct in my PC

please suggest some other solution !!1

I guess web player is very old - it was updated in 2008 last time and it also dowsn;t supports windows 7 :)

Divx Crashes

My settings already in line as well, anybody got any other suggestions? Please help!

so from what I see there is still no solution to this then? Bugger. Anyone know if there is an alternate way of playing them without that crappy piece of software? :capitulate:

Had same problem. Proxy enabled setting already ‘0’ but firefox still crashing when trying to use DivX player.

Found this info: Quick Firefox Update Fixes Plugin Crash Bug - Security Watch

You basically have to upgrade firefox to version 3.6.8 as previous versions had vulnerability issues and hey presto DivX works perfectly!

Very pleased with myself for sorting this out as I’m a novice when it comes to things like this and the video quality using DivX is brilliant.

Back