INCREDIBLE amounts of issues with iTunes 8. Help! 10 points, easy.?

sara

May 11, 2008
Alright, so this morning when I turned on my PC, I was prompted to download the new version of iTunes. I downloaded, thinking nothing would be wrong, as I've downloaded many an update for iTunes before and everything's worked smoothly.

After I install in, I open iTunes to start my music, and it won't play. The circular button at the top indicates it's playing- it switches to a "pause" button, like it typically would when a song is playing, but the thing at the top is stuck at 0:00 and won't play any audio. I know that the files aren't corrupted because I was able to play them in Windows Media Player.

Also, my CD/DVD drive seems to be...non existent after I installed the update. I tried instead to pop in a CD to listen to in Windows Media Player, but there isn't even a CD drive coming up in the computer control panel.

Help! Anyone know of a patch to fix this? Curse Apple and it's badly tested software. Ten points to someone's advice that actually works.

Further information about my operating system: Windows Vista, AMD Athlan Processor.

Back