Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    michael_deco9

Which is the best Palm PDA for an 8th grade student: the palm Tungsten T2 or T3?

In terms of portability, power, features, and design

By the way the price isnt the variable and when I mean portability it should go hand in hand with features. So nothing like the refreshingly small but featureless Palm Z22

Jessica X
    neither the palm z22 would probaly be the best it is most affortable, syncing with the computer is easy, and its small and potable!

ackmondual
    I'd say get the T|T3. Since they're both out of production, it shouldn't cost that much more to get a T3 over the T2. I've never used a T2 before, but I have used a T3 for almost 2 years now.

Some clear pros of the T3 over the T2:
    -uses a virtual Graffiti area. You can hide this when using many Palm OS apps (that came with the handheld) to get a larger viewing area. Some 3rd party apps will also support hding the Graffiti are for full display. Not alot, but the bigger/more popular 3rd party apps will support this
    -you can recustomize the Graffiti area shortcuts
    -when u bring up the virtual keyboard, unlike Palm PDAs with solid Graffiti areas, the keybaord replaces the Graffiti area instead of taking up more screen space at top
    -I hear the T3 is actually usable when the slider is closed since there's a status bar that you wn't find on the T|T2. The statusbar gives you quick access to the usual stuff you'll find on the Graffiti area like home/applications launcher button, find button, and options/menu.

You'll also find additional buttons for quick access, like bluetooth, write anywhere toggle, rotate/pivot screen (landscape/portrait mode), and hide/reveal Graffiti area. The clock tells the time, but u can tap on that to get the date, battery info, and memory usage.

Just keep in mind a T3 can go up to $300. I suppose you could chalk it up to it being a learning tool to your parents, even tho one could load a bunch of games and emulators on there, since that's about how much a PSP goes for these days.